incubator-general mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Rat TLP...?
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 19:46:29 GMT
On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 7:06 PM, Kalle Korhonen
<kalle.o.korhonen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Agree that the scope of Rat alone is limited. You mean if Rat proposed
> to graduate as Apache Tools (or even Apache Infrastructure Tools)? Rat
> could start as the TLP and later become a sub project once other tools
> graduate and join Apache Tools as sub projects. Makes sense to me as
> there are a lot of other internally developed tools that are not run
> as projects.

A name like Tools, talk of sub-projects and a scope that wide might
lead to worries about umbrellas

We were thinking along more modest lines. Scope would be focused just
on the Continuous Delivery space. The tools (perhaps noise, eye, tail,
whisker) just being different products released by a single
development community.

Robert