incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release for Bigtop version 0.1.0-incubating RC2
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2011 20:57:17 GMT
On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Bruno Mahé <bmahe@apache.org> wrote:
> imho this is a non issue for this release because:
> * A discussion has just started on bigtop-dev mailing list about that
> question.

For the benefit of those exclusively on general@incubator.apache.org: the thread
that Bruno mentioned has also established that to the best of our knowledge
there have NOT been any releases of community packaging artifacts for any
of the projects that Bigtop cares about(*). As of today,  the danger of overlap
with existing artifacts is non-existent.

Thanks,
Roman.

P.S. In fact, at the moment, it is not even clear where such artifacts would
go if they get released. To the best of our knowledge Apache does not
have infrastructure for supporting APT/YUM/ZYPPER repos, nor does
it have any plans to bring it up in the near future.