incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to submit IP Clearance
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 11:57:08 GMT
On 2011-08-08, Simon Willnauer wrote:

> the apache lucene project currently works on a code donation for
> Kuromoji Japanese Analyzer [1]. ICLA, CLA and code grant have been
> received and as far as I know we now need to submit the
> ip-clearance.xml file to the incubator website.

Correct.  By "submit" it is understood you add it to the incubator
website, see http://incubator.apache.org/guides/website.html

This has to be done by somebody with write access to the Incubator svn.

After that you start a lazy consensus vote on the Incubator general list
prefixed with [IP CLEARANCE] in the subject, wait 72 hours, tally the
result, done.

> I am wondering how I submit this or who is going to commit this. I
> think as a member I can commit to the incubator svn but I don't want
> to do this without explicit permission though.

IMHO, if you already have the karma then just do it (same for Olivier).

Stefan