incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Karma to asf-authorization-template
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 18:03:51 GMT
Hi Daniel,

On Aug 1, 2011, at 10:52 AM, Daniel Shahaf wrote:

> There are 30 PMC chairs on the Incubator PMC, which is more than
> enough
> to sort its own authz needs without bugging infra every time.

It would be nice if this fact were better known, so mentors-who-are-
not-pmc-chairs would know what to do when the accounts for the
podlings that they are mentoring are created.

Maybe a better wording of this message sent to private@incubator might
help:

> Please grant additional karma to the projects in your domain
> you wish the user to have commit to.
>

> The Apache Infrastructure Team

Since most of the new account requests are for incubator projects,
perhaps add this to the message:

> If you are mentoring an incubator podling and are not a pmc chair,
> please send a request to infrastructure@ with the name of the
> podling and the new committer and we'll be happy to add the
> necessary karma for your new committer.

Craig