incubator-general mailing list archives

From Richard Frovarp <rfrov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Droids 0.1-incubating RC3
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 17:35:41 GMT
On 08/17/2011 10:41 AM, sebb wrote:
> On 15 August 2011 19:20, Richard Frovarp<rfrovarp@apache.org>  wrote:
>> Please vote on the release candidate for Apache Droids Incubating, version
>> 0.1-incubating. I've received one binding IPMC +1 votes and 4 non-binding +1
>> votes.
>>
>> PPMC release vote thread:
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-droids-dev/201107.mbox/%3C4E31B811.3080800@apache.org%3E
>>
>> Source files:
>> http://people.apache.org/~rfrovarp/droids/
>
> -1
>
> Only 1 file visible to me - no sigs or hashes.
>
> All release artifacts must be signed and have at least one hash.

I fully get your point, but they do. One can find everything here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedroids-008/org/apache/droids/droids/0.1.0-incubating/

In the future, is there anything wrong with pointing to the Maven
staging repo for the source release part of this? Convention shows that
people put it in their home directories. I simply just did a wget of the
one file and forgot to grab the sigs and hashes. I can grab everything,
but just pointing to the staging directory would be simpler.

> Also the source archive contains some files that are not in SVN:
>
> droids-solr/data/index/
> - segments.gen
> - segments_l
>
> These seem to be generated binary files, and should not be included.
>
> Normally Maven is quite good at separating generated code, as that is
> created under target/
> Perhaps there is a problem in the build process that puts the
> generated data in the wrong place?

The Solr config file that is used in the testing phase didn't put them
in target. That has been fixed in source.

> ==
>
> The NOTICE file contains the sentence "See also the file LICENSE."
> This should be removed, as it's not necessary (not a blocker of itself).

Updated.

As always, thanks for the review.