incubator-general mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] 3 month deadline on CLA item
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 10:33:09 GMT
The real point is to find the most efficient and effective way for a
small set of (often) Apache newbies to build a healthy community that
has clean code.

 From that perspective, is there some way to break up this action item
into smaller steps for the benefit of that *community*?  I.e. a way to
show with some concrete step that they are making progress, even if the
final review is not yet complete?

- List the code submitted or added to the podling that must have a grant.

- All original code authors have been contacted to submit a grant or iCLA.

- All original committers have been contacted to submit an iCLA.

- All code remaining in repository is covered by grant/iCLA/etc.

I think 3 months is often too short, but I agree that we need to see
better progress towards the final goal by podlings.

- Shane