incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: Websites of retired podlings (was Re: Retired podlings with RW SVN access)
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 02:04:31 GMT
On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 10:26:24AM +0200, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
> > Another option which might be cleaner and less burdensome to administer would
> > be to create a boilerplate "Retired Podling" static html page which would
> > replace the website for any podling which does not graduate.  This page would
> > give a brief explanation of the project's history and status and point at any
> > remaining resources, such as read-only SVN if the podling completed a
> > successful code grant.
> >
> > If there is interest in that idea, I volunteer to help create the template for
> > the "Retired Podling" page.
>
> I like that idea. But we should the folder i.a.o/retiredpodling
> not simply have a httpd redirect rule pointing to the incubator status page?
> The state of the podling is reflected there very well and there is
> even a chance to send a personal message

That also sounds like a decent way of handling things.

My preference is still to create dedicated pages, if such pages can be made to
look respectable and can be put into place with minimal effort by the person
performing the retirement.  If a template contribution does not materialize in
the next few days from me, though, redirecting to the status page seems like
an OK fallback.

Marvin Humphrey