incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Lutterkort <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release deltacloud 0.4.0, rc2
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 23:48:20 GMT
On Thu, 2011-08-18 at 02:32 +0100, sebb wrote:
> On 18 August 2011 01:29, David Lutterkort <> wrote:

> >> Is there an SVN tag that corresponds with the release?
> >
> > Yes,
> >
> There should be the NOTICE and DISCLAIMER files alongside the LICENSE
> file at the top level of the tag.

The deltacloud release consists of two main artifacts: the server and
the (ruby) client; anything that goes into these artifacts is kept in
the server/ and client/ subdirectories. The corresponding NOTICE etc.
files are in these directories.

None of the other subdirectories in svn are part of the release
artifacts - some of them contain the project site, others contain
clients that we'd like to add to the releases at some point, but they
are currently not in a state where I'd want to include them in a

> Generally all SVN content is also present in the archives, but there
> can be exceptions, e.g. for sandbox code and the DOAP file.
> But if some source is omitted, it must still be possible to build the
> code from the source archive without needing to check out SVN source.

Yes, the server and client archives are self-contained (in terms of
deltacloud code, of course, they depend on external libraries) and
generally users will install them on different machines.

> >> Also, what about the KEYS file so sigs can be checked?
> >
> > That's in the official download directory:
> >
> I notice that your key does not mention apache at all.
> Perhaps you could add your apache e-mail address?

Just did that, and uploaded the amended key to the keyserver and updated
the KEYS file.

> Yes, see for example the httpd license file at:

Ok, I just committed changes for the NOTICE and LICENSE files in server/
and client/

> 3rd time lucky?

There's luck involved ? ;)

To unsubscribe, e-mail: