incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release HCatalog 0.1-incubating (RC2)
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 17:42:23 GMT

Thanks for voting.  I have a couple questions on your feedback.  I didn't follow what you
were saying about having source in the archive and about having NOTICE etc. files in every
archive.  HCatalog only has one archive in this proposed release, hcatalog-0.1.0.tar.gz.
This archive does have all the required files, and it contains the source.  You can download
this archive and do a build of the project (which I did before voting).

Looking through the NOTICE file, it looks like the reference to JDBM is unneeded, as that
is not used.  Other than that all the jars referenced in the file are included in the distribution.
 So is your concern just the extra JDBM plus that it says "includes/uses" instead of just

Regarding the LICENSE file the licenses for the 3rd party software is in the Hive's LICENSE
file which we include, but we can move it up to the top level LICENSE file.