incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ODF Toolkit Incubation Pre-Proposal
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 14:51:13 GMT
On Fri, 1 Jul 2011, Rob Weir wrote:
> We continue to discuss moving this work to Apache.  Feedback so far has
> been to try for an eventual TLP.  We're starting to draft the Incubation
> proposal.  We talked to the maintainer of the C#/AODL component and he
> confirmed that it is not really active anymore.  He might move it to
> bitbucket.  So our plan will be to propose moving only the Java
> components over to Apache,

I'm happy to help with mentoring this proposal. Let me know if you need a
hand with drafting the proposal.

In terms of an eventual TLP goal, and POI interaction/integration, that's
something we can all discuss and decide during the incubation process

> Also, we just announced a new release (more info below) and are
> starting work on our next release, which is targeted to add support
> for document encryption and digital signatures.

One thing to be aware of is that your first release at Apache is always
much much harder than every subsequent one! There's a lot to be said for
doing a small, incremental release ASAP to get the process sorted, rather
than trying to tackle the release when there's lots of exciting features
blocked by (say) a missing license and a broken signature!

Nick