incubator-general mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Anybody know legality of saaj-impl-1.3.jar?
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 13:08:52 GMT
Hi all,

The ManifoldCF has had a connector contributed that is based on Apache
Chemistry.  The dependencies of Apache Chemistry include
activation-1.1.jar and saaj-impl-1.3.jar, both of which seem to be
from Sun, and are (I believe) covered by the Sun/Oracle license.  I
was told a while back that activation.jar could not be included in MCF
for this reason, but that there was a geronimo-activation.jar
available instead, which is what ManifoldCF uses.  But I don't know
about saaj-impl.

(a) Does anyone know if there's an Apache-licensed replacement for saaj-impl?
(b) Should somebody tell Chemistry that they may have a license problem?

Thanks!
Karl