incubator-general mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Interested Contributors [WAS Re: [VOTE] Oozie to join the Incubator]
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 11:09:01 GMT
On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 8:14 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:

Hi Suresh

> I am interested to contribute to this project, since any one did not vote yet, can I
add my name to the Initial Committers?

The proposal is fixed when the VOTE thread starts (so that everyone is
voting on the same proposition).

But please join the list and get involved by starting to contributing
patches. To leave the incubator, the podling needs to demonstrate that
it understands how to build a broader community. So, podlings need to
review patches promptly, to offer encouragement and mentoring so that
contributors quickly progress into committers.

and anyway IMHO it's much more satisifying to become the first elected
committer for a podling :-)

Robert