incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: SGA for AL 2.0 licensed code base
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 23:35:50 GMT
On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
> I'm just curious.  Do we still need an SGA for a podling codebase that's AL 2.0 licensed?

Do we know that the people who placed the AL 2.0 license headers on
that code have sufficient rights to do so?  A signed statement that
"Licensor is
legally entitled to grant the above license." would be helpful.  A
Software Grant is probably the most straightforward way to obtain and
record such a statement.

I'm not saying that it can't be done without a Software Grant, just
that there may be more work involved any other way.

> Regards,
> Alan

- Sam Ruby