incubator-general mailing list archives

From Donald Whytock <dwhyt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bluesky calls for a new mentor!
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 21:17:30 GMT
On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 5:04 PM, Gavin McDonald <gavin@16degrees.com.au> wrote:
> Are we to keep on creating new committer accts for these folks knowing damn well
> that at the end of the term they disappear and a new lot appears? This is why they (
> when they did commit) shared accounts.

What if the students all served as contributors rather than
committers, with a core of committers that handled the contributions?
As long as a contribution is made to a JIRA, and said contribution was
flagged as being released to ASF, that should ensure clean IP, right?

Of course, that's presupposing all the code is maintained publicly from now on.

Don