incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Latrémolière <daniel.latremoli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] ODF Toolkit for Incubation
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 12:56:35 GMT
Le 21/07/2011 14:28, Rob Weir a écrit :
> So, there is no shortage of areas were we could use help.  And there
> are probably even more ways of improving/extending this code than I
> have even thought of.

> [ODF Toolkit Proposal] Unlike other approaches which rely on runtime
> manipulation of heavy-weight editors via an automation interface, the
> ODF Toolkit is lightweight and ideal for server use.

As a worker in document generation, I had never used ODF Toolkit in
server generation because I prefer, for low memory-use, a stream API
(ZIPOutputStream and streaming of each XML inside) to a model API.

I recognize, that I had not studied precisely code of ODF Tookit and I
don't knew it was schema-generated Java source code. Given that, I would
suggest another idea: adding a stream (StAX-like) API, helping when
outputting ODF documents without using too much memory (another target
for Java code generation from schema).

Daniel Latrémolière.