incubator-general mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Deft for incubation
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 16:45:16 GMT
On 7/4/11 6:38 PM, Roger Schildmeijer wrote:
> On 4 jul 2011, at 18.31em, Mark Struberg wrote:
>
>> I have not looked at Deft a lot, but only from a 10.000 feet point ;)
>>
>> It is just that such things like Filters, etc which are available for Mina already
used to be very helpful for lots of projects.
>> Do such things exist in Deft too?
> There is no such corresponding feature in Deft, at least not at the moment :)

In any case, I don't think that Deft *has* to use MINA, or not. It's
probably something that could be discussed once the podling is accepted,
and by the core developpers.

Now, what is more important is to check how close are AsyncWeb and Deft,
to see if those two project should be merged, or not, and if Deft has
enough potential to be a TLP, or not.

I'm not even sure it should be put under MINA's umbrella. I'd say it
would be convenient, but has side effects. This should be discussed.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,