incubator-general mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Deft for incubation
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 11:22:06 GMT
On 7/4/11 12:29 PM, Mohammad Nour El-Din wrote:
> Hi Mark...
>
>     As they stated in "Relationships with Other Apache Products" that
> they would consider such reuse of some of Apache Mina components. But
> IMHO, this is not the a blocking issue to go forward with the proposal
> as such technical detail can be changed while being in Incubator phase
> if it is found that components of other Apache projects can be used to
> make things better for Deft or to eliminate the dependency on non-AL
> software.
IMHO, MINA is not really the important part here. It seems to me that
the Asyncweb subproject is somehow close to what Deft is proposing. As
Asynweb is almost dormant since 2008, I would think that a merge of Deft
with Asyncweb is a good approach.

Now, as Mohammad said, it's up to the team to decide which part can be
reused, or not. It's almost as difficult to write from scratch some
piece of code than to reuse some other with lost support...

Regarding MINA, You'll most certainly get all the needed support.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,