incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Searching volunteer
Date Sat, 30 Jul 2011 10:17:29 GMT
Hello Andrey,

On 30 Jul 2011, at 10:07 , Andrey Kuznetsov wrote:

> I am author of Imagero, JGUI, UIO and some other nice libraries.
> I want to transfer my work to Apache.
> However I don't have time and fortitude to do it by myself.
> So I search for someone who could do it for (or with) me.

If you want these projects to become part of Apache, the standard process is to write a proposal
for them, and take them through incubation. During that process, we will determine if there
is a community supporting the codebase and if you follow the ASF philosophy and guidelines
for collaboration. The best place to start reading is the incubator website (http://incubator.apache.org/).

I must be honest, if you state you're looking for someone else to take over, it does not sound
like you have a community to support these projects and just transferring the code to Apache
won't work.

Greetings, Marcel