incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org Apache Incubator Proposal
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 18:04:56 GMT
On Wed, 1 Jun 2011, Luke Kowalski wrote:
> The following project is being sent in as an incubator candidate.

As there are likely quite a few people new to Apache interested in and
coming with this proposal, I thought I should send a quick note pointing
out some community releated resources and events.

Firstly with an IPMC/ComDev hat on. There's a lot of useful information on
how the incubator works to be found on the incubator website. The podling
guides are a good place to start:
    http://incubator.apache.org/guides/index.html
And the Who/How/When are worth a look through:
    http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html

If you'd like to know more about communities at Apache, and getting
involved, then Community Development (ComDev) provide guides:
    http://community.apache.org/
These complement the overall guides on the main site (which provide some
overviews, along with details on specific tasks and questions):
    http://www.apache.org/dev/

Onto a different topic, this time with my Conference Committee (ConCom)
hat on. If you're interested in learning more about the ASF, the
Incubator, The Apache Way, or even just meeting other Apache developers,
then there are two events coming up. Firstly there's an Apache BarCamp in
Oxford in September[1]. Secondly there's ApacheCon in Vancouver in
November, which will feature a lot on Community (schedule due up soon,
once all the speakers confirm!)

Nick

[1] http://barcamp.org/BarCampApacheOxford
[2] http://na11.apachecon.com/