incubator-general mailing list archives

Subject Re: Apache Incubator Proposal: Collaboration with TDF/LO
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 18:50:24 GMT
Simon Phipps <> wrote on 06/03/2011 02:33:21 PM:

> Your proposed text also does not recognise possibilities for
> to protect the OpenOffice consumer end-user community in the interim
> your project sorts itself out.

Can you state this in the form of a collaborative activity?  I'm being
neutral as to the intent or particulars on the wiki.  I'm noting the kinds
of activities.  In the end the nature of the activity, with respect to the
license and ASF policy, not the intent of the collaboration, is what will
determine whether it is permissible.

For example, mixing GPLv3 and Apache 2.0 with the intent of feeding
starving children is not permissible, but providing a library that Wall
Street tycoons can use to design butterscotch pudding swimming pools is
permissible.  Saying " protect the OpenOffice consumer"
is not really sufficient.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message