incubator-general mailing list archives

From robert_w...@us.ibm.com
Subject Build machines: external or colocated?
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 13:42:54 GMT
I've heard some valid concerns about hardware resources needed to build
OpenOffice.  Since I just happen to know a company that is in the hardware
business, I might be able to get them to help out in this department.  But
I wanted to first check on what the possibilities are on the Apache side.
In particular, does Apache have some way to accept hardware donations and
have them co-located in your data center, with Apache taking care of
physical infrastructure, back ups, bandwidth, etc.  Is that possible at
all?  Or should I be looking at some way these build machines could be
hosted externally?  How is this ordinarily done at Apache?

Regards,

-Rob