incubator-general mailing list archives

From robert_w...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: Remediation ...
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 17:31:34 GMT
Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@novell.com> wrote on 06/09/2011 12:27:56 PM:

>         In the deluge of drivel I lost this gem in your response to
> my scepticism about how quickly you could provide a binary release:
>
> On Fri, 2011-06-03 at 10:31 -0400, robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> > But one thing not to lose track of is that Symphony has done IP
> > remediation at many levels.  Where we've worked around things, we'll
be
> > able to contribute our fixes back.  Could we have missed something?
This
> > is always possible.  But I know with certainty that we've fixed things

> > that LO has missed. (I'm talking patents, not the MPL/LGPL dependency
> > issues).
>
>         You seem to assert that you have patent remediation patches for
> problems that others are unaware of, that you can provide, but you are
> choosing not to (yet) ? There is a nasty nucleus of potential future FUD
> here, so it would be interesting to firm this perennial rumour up.

Michael, You might want to check the "External Dependencies" section of
the proposal.  That is what the IPMC is voting on.  If the IPMC wishes to
vote on every remark you or I have made on this list, on blogs or in the
press, then I'm sure either one of us could be "voted off the island".  So
let's focus on the proposal:

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/OpenOfficeProposal

Regards,

-Rob