incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A lot of bodies, a lot of money, and a source-dump release.
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 06:58:38 GMT
Sent from my mobile device (so please excuse typos)

On 7 Jun 2011, at 02:40, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:

>  would then like
> to see a binding committment from IBM to fund this budget -- with cash,

The ASF does not muddy the waters of open source development with cash. Our sponsors do not
sponsor specific projects or activities. For this reason we cannot ask IBM or anyone else
to pay for this podling.

I do agree that there will be a longer term impact on ASF resources, both cash and volunteers.
The ASF needs to be mindful of this, but handing out an itemised bill is not how we work,
nor is that an ASF I want to be part of.

Ross