incubator-general mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re-Introduction
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 19:51:48 GMT
I thought I'd reintroduce myself. I first posted last week but over the weekend, was a) busy
with other pressing things, and b) wanted to let others, especially new voices, speak—now
is the time to shape the new community. I've been involved with OpenOffice.org (and now the
ODF) for nearly 11 years—since the start of the project. I, along with so many others, have
long wanted it to be planted in more open soil, so it could grow not just for one but for
all. I applaud, therefore, the proposed move to Apache.

Tomorrow, the OpenOffice.org Community Council will hold a meeting to discuss What Now? It's
not going to be our last meeting. I don't know what will happen to OOo as such. But I am confident
that we've so far seen enough energy and interest to ensure that there will continue to be
code and a project making it.

-louis

----

Louis Suarez-Potts, PhD