incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: OOo - Lines in the sand and pre-determined conclusions...
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 17:42:34 GMT

On Jun 4, 2011, at 8:39 AM, Cor Nouws wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Jim Jagielski wrote (04-06-11 12:33)
>> On Sat, Jun 04, 2011 at 11:52:48AM +0200, Cor Nouws wrote:
>>>
>>> Hmm, got that wrong I see now
>>> http://www.networkworld.com/community/apache-president-jim-jagielski-talks-openoffice-org
>>>
>>> Which is no problem for me, but obviously I misunderstood your
>>> statement about not talking to the press.
>>>

>> Tell me where in that post anyone from the ASF is openly critical
>> of TDF or strongly implies that TDF's "ideological" stance will
>> be a factor in breaking any cooperation.
>
> I did not say that. But it was said of the interview with Meeks, which we found out not
to be true either.

I must have significantly misinterpreted the below:

"However, I do not believe the ASF is likely to provide a good home for the OO.o project in
the long run," Meeks said. "They are sufficiently confident and comfortable with their model
that attempting to negotiate over changing any core aspect of it (such as the non-copy-left
stance) is unlikely to be fruitful work. So - only time will tell."