incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: OOo Monetary Donations
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 01:27:43 GMT

On Jun 8, 2011, at 5:51 PM, Simon Phipps wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 1:48 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:

>>> It would be interesting to find out if all funds received for OOo were
>> accounted for since the fork.  The e.V changed names and collects donations
>> for LibreOffice, http://www.documentfoundation.org/contribution/ .
>>>

>> Please tell me that does not mean that when people go to OOo
>> and make a donation that it winds up in TDF's coffers.
>>
>> Please.
>>

> OK :-)
>
> Doesn't look like they do, no. They benefit the OpenOffice.org community.
> Mind you, that does include LibreOffice.

The bank routing information on Team OpenOffice.org e.V. [1] differs from Freies Office Deutschland
e.V. [2] which differs from Freies Office Deutschland e.V. [3] - the accounts are separated.

It looks like the TDF/LO people had an email thread about this and other matters in October,
2010. [4] It looks like some of the major wounds to the OOo are around this issue and community
budget. Oracle basically took over.  Oracle should know where the donations are.

Regards,
Dave

[1] http://contributing.openoffice.org/donate.html
[2] http://www.frodev.org/spenden