incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: OOo Monetary Donations
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 21:50:43 GMT
Dave Fisher wrote:

> Your donation will go directly towards helping this project. Some of the
ways
> in which your funds might be used include:
> 	• Hiring independent developers to work with OpenOffice.org.
> 	• Paying for participation at trade shows and conferences.
> 	• Paying for organization and staff at annual OpenOffice.org Conference,
OOoCon.
> 	• Marketing banners, collateral, CDs and brochures.

> Clearly there ought to be changes to the page and process when/if the
podling
> happens. This is probably at the ASF Board level... certainly the "hiring
> developers" part doesn't fit...

Well ... that's an interesting question.  While hiring could happen outside
of the ASF, AFAIK there is nothing to stop us from accepting funds and
having a group (analogous to our Travel Assistance process) that offered
payment, a la Google Code or other.

I do agree that I'd like to see the Board and Membership weigh in on that
discussion if/when it ever becomes one.

	--- Noel