incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: OpenOffice.org Apache Incubator Proposal: Splitting the Community?
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 16:16:16 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:
> From my perspective, I think the license discussion is the essential
> one.  TDF is now in the position where it has a  historic opportunity
> to change their license to the Apache License.

As I understand it, TDF should certainly be able to "replace" their original LGPL license
from Oracle with the Apache License.

But I have questions about their ability to relicense new contributions, based on what I read
at http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/developers/ and the licensing policy linked from
there.  It does not seem clear to me that TDF can unilaterally relicense all contributions.

	--- Noel