incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: OpenOffice & LibreOffice
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 18:57:01 GMT
Simon Phipps wrote:

> unless either the Apache project or the LibreOffice project do extremely
> substantial refactoring very fast, both projects will be using the same
> code for a long time. If we all do things right, this will be in the
> context of actual shared repositories.

That sounds like a fine scenario.  The ASF is good at providing Open Source
to be reused downstream.

And hopefully (from my perspective, at least) there will be refactoring, or
even rearchitecting/rewriting, to enable OOo to better participate in the
mobile/cloud arena, with that forming the basis for downstream builds.

	--- Noel