incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Remediation ...
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 18:27:29 GMT
Michael Meeks wrote:

> It still leaves something you can't answer though: whether it is Rob's
> understanding of IBM's intention to camouflage such changes or to flag
> them all openly and clearly.

Separating the above from what seems to be the underlying concern.

> Ultimately with a suite of 8+ million lines, packed with obscure features,
> and thousands of lines of change a day it is fairly easy to slip things in,
> to the potential detriment of other users of the code.

Wait.  How is an IP remediation of "potential detriment of other users of the code"?  I can
appreciate your concern over potential submarine patents -- we do have a clause to address
that -- but how is REMOVAL of a problem a potential detriment?

	--- Noel