incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [alois] Incubation failed?
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 14:14:38 GMT
If that is the recommendation, check with the community to see if there is any pushback, and
depending on result we'll vote on it.

Thanks for taking the time to get this going.  :-)

	--- Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Grobmeier [mailto:grobmeier@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 4:18
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [alois] Incubation failed?

Hi all,

shortly after the last report in March one of the Alois-Devs contacted
me and told me, that there will be no further development on the
project because of some personal trouble and changes to the company
IMSEC (inventor of alois). Even prior march there were only slow steps
to observe - website has been established, code has been made
accessible via svn (but no more commits) and a few talks has been
given.

We waited for three more months and there is still no interest in the
project: no mailinglist activity, no commits, no new issues.

I do not expect any changes to the current situation.

I would like to propose "Dormant" or "Retired" status for the alois
project - not sure what is more matching or what the difference
between these two is. Unfortunately I have not found any docs about
this process.

Any comments to this?

Thanks,
Christian