incubator-general mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org Apache Incubator Proposal: Splitting^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HREUNITING the Community?
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 19:21:55 GMT

On Jun 2, 2011, at 3:01 PM, Florian Effenberger wrote:

> Noel J. Bergman wrote on 2011-06-02 20.50:
>> If there is a community split, that
>> decision will rest solely on those who choose not to join our all-inclusive
>> environment.
>
> So, if TDF does not join the Apache OOo project, a community split is our (=TDF) fault.
However, if the people proposing the Apache incubator project do not join TDF, a community
split is not their fault.

> This looks like a rather one-sided view to me.

What's up with the adversarial tone that the conversation has assumed? And so quickly, too.
Surely a major goal should be to discussion how to reunite the community (and the code base)
rather than deepening the rift that was artificially imposed on the community.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com