incubator-general mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re-Introduction
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 15:04:00 GMT
On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 8:51 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts <luispo@gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought I'd reintroduce myself.

Welcome Louis :-)

> I first posted last week but over the weekend, was a) busy with other pressing things,
and b) wanted to let others, especially new voices, speak—now is the time to shape the new
community. I've been involved with OpenOffice.org (and now the ODF) for nearly 11 years—since
the start of the project. I, along with so many others, have long wanted it to be planted
in more open soil, so it could grow not just for one but for all. I applaud, therefore, the
proposed move to Apache.

I hope we can all work together to find a great long term solution for OOo

> Tomorrow, the OpenOffice.org Community Council will hold a meeting to discuss What Now?
It's not going to be our last meeting. I don't know what will happen to OOo as such. But I
am confident that we've so far seen enough energy and interest to ensure that there will continue
to be code and a project making it.

Apache is community centered with an open culture. Please encourage as
many people as possible to come together to contribute their ideas
into the mix.

Robert