incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <>
Subject Re: Apache Incubator Proposal: Splitting the Community?
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 19:28:44 GMT
On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 15:22, Sam Ruby <> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 3:11 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. <> wrote:
>> Anything else reeks of this being shoved down people's throats by
>> people gave this days, weeks or even a month of deliberation already.
>> Your invitation to start the vote NOW comes across as a snarky drivers
>> seat remark.
> Note: I did not read it that way (I think it is quite plausible and

Likewise. I read it with tongue-firmly-planted-in-cheek. That's what
the smiley was there for.

aka JOKE

> even more likely that Jim wants to roll up his sleeves and get
> started), and furthermore, I have already publicly declined the
> suggestion that we do a vote now.
> I hope we don't need to deliberate for a full month, but I do agree
> that we should wait until some of the more active threads become
> dormant.

Right. Maybe late next week at the earliest, and (IMO) no later than
two weeks. I suspect that anything after the first week would be
"details best left for the podling".

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message