incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ian Lynch <ianrly...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for OpenOffice Incubator strategy
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 08:15:07 GMT

> But initially the proposal, as it has been
> made, is for the continuation of the existing OpenOffice code base under
> the existing OpenOffice trademark.

And for certification, the OOo brand name is important. (Can't speak for
other areas but probably in other sectors too) We are getting demand for
OpenOffice certification not any other name. That could change over time but
it seems a high risk to get rid of something that has clear value now.

--
Ian

Ofqual Accredited IT Qualifications
The Schools ITQ