incubator-general mailing list archives

From Norbert Thiebaud <nthieb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Legal concern: Are we getting to close ot a "division of markets" conversation?
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 04:44:37 GMT
On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 10:51 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> The problem here is that Rob and Sam and other well-known employees are being addressed
as IBM employees here

I perceive Sam answers and arguments to be consistent with the 'I am
an individual member of Apache' position. I may disagree with his
arguments or positions, but at least they are consistent with the
framework posited.

I certainly cannot say the same for many of Rob's post...

>[..]They can operate as individuals but they must also honor the requirements on their
conduct that are a consequence of their employment.

and shall I emphasis:

Rob Weir said:
>There are some things we must not talk about, especially things where
>competitors may be seen as arranging to reduce competition.  We need to
>steer the conversation far from this.

_we_ here means who ? I understood it, by default, to mean _we_ AF
member and by extensions the guests (like me) on this list....
Am I to understand that AP members are bound by what-ever contractual
obligation Rob may or may not have with IBM ?

Norbert