incubator-general mailing list archives

From Keith Curtis <>
Subject Re: OpenOffice & LibreOffice
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 22:51:39 GMT
On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 3:42 PM, Gavin McDonald <> wrote:

> It provides over 150 other projects, all of them are useless to you ?

Yes, almost all of them are Java, and I don't have Java installed on
my laptop or server.

Apache is clearly useful to lots of other people, but by picking Java
it has hurt its situation in the Linux community with people like me.

> You see, I've seen you and others mention forking is bad, blah blah, yet LibreOffice
> IS A FORK of OpenOffice. What a contradictory statement. What a huge one.

LibreOffice was a useful fork. Sun / Oracle were screwing things up.
Now that Oracle has given up OO, the fork can be undone.

> Git loves forking, LibreOffice uses Git.

That isn't the social engineering I'm talking about.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message