incubator-general mailing list archives

From Keith Curtis <keit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice & LibreOffice
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 23:40:31 GMT

> What are you talking about? You can relicense to your hearts content. You just can't
contribute it back under some other license otherwise user's couldn't use it and then relicense
it.  If you can't grasp that concept then there really is no point to further discussion.

Joe Shafer wrote this:
------
I don't feel the need to debate software licensing with a GPL fan on an
apache.org list.  Suffice it to say that I expect downstream projects
to respect the license, and sublicense it if necessary in a way that
doesn't invalidate our license.
----

Seems like he is saying he doesn't want people to change the license
of Apache software.