incubator-general mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A possibly gratuitous meta- thread on the open office discussion
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 21:04:51 GMT
In my experience as a moderator of consensus process, I've learned
that, on tough topics, it's hard to achieve consensus without, well,
active moderation. My gambit was to suggest that this was a hat for
the champions, but it was just a gambit.

>> Option 2: we use the wiki to stack up comments and concerns about the
>> proposal. That does make it easier for anyone to show up and survey
>> the territory.
>
> Sounds like a great idea!  You do realize that it is a wiki, right?
> Perhaps you could create a new page, sketch out what you would like to
> see, leave some prominent TODOs for others, and advertise it here in a
> new thread?  What do you think?

You asked for it. Yes, I *do* realize that this is a wiki, but the
ipmc hasn't had this much fun since I've been on it, so I wanted to
ask before I started down that path.