incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: "opportunity to reunite the related communities" Re: OpenOffice.org Apache Incubator Proposal: Splitting the Community?
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 18:27:42 GMT
On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
<robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:

> What might be reasonably hoped for is that the ASF could act as an
> upstream for GPLv3 office product(s) with a reunited community
> spanning these projects (as widely as ideologically possible). I would
> definitely like to see the proposal explain whether this would be
> possible and practical.

There is nothing to explain.  The licenses are (one way) compatible:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#apache2

To explain what I mean by one-way, here's a picture:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/quick-guide-gplv3-compatibility.png

> Robert

- Sam Ruby