incubator-general mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice - Wiki - Required Resources - Subversion vs. Mercurial vs. Git
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 19:15:06 GMT
On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 6:11 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> I say that the sooner one can move to uni-directional flows with the bi-directionals
out in customization and adoption layers, if anywhere, the better.  It is difficult to conceive
of any other way to get on top of the refactoring that is surely required as part of making
a manageable, layered component structure.

+1

> Yes, I  know this is simplistic in the face of the reality of OpenOffice.org.  I maintain
that such a separation of concerns should be sought.  That to some degree the problem of
multi-platform distribution, localization, etc., has already been taken on by at least one
"another" provides some important breathing room.

+1

Encouraging  rich and diverse downstream ecology is essential. This
means allowing space for downstream entities step into the supply
chain.

Robert