incubator-general mailing list archives

From Keith Curtis <keit...@gmail.com>
Subject From Michael Meeks on Apache License
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 03:14:56 GMT
He wrote this yesterday and it describes in different words why the
Apache license is not so pragmatic for LibreOffice.
The problem is, that very much of our work is inter-dependent, and we
want people to be able to work all over the code, cleaning, translating
and fixing it. It would suck giant rocks (through a straw) to say:

"no copy-left lovers need think of working on X Y or Z
big pieces of the code - since we want to license
changes to these on to IBM (via Apache)" :-)

At least - I don't want to just push the division down into the
code-base, excluding people from lots of it (and of course throwing away
our changes to those pieces).