incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <>
Subject Re: KEYS and releases
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 08:29:08 GMT
On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 11:59 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J)
<> wrote:
> Yep, makes sense. Like I told Benson, I wasn't exactly sure if the mirroring system were
read only downstream of the Apache root sources (IOW, I thought we had more control then in
reality we did).
> BTW, if someone could point me to a document where this is described, that would certainly
help me refer it to others in the future....

The mirroring docs are at AFAIK, and in any case
we cannot trust mirrors of Apache software as we don't control them.

Hence the need for people to download KEYS files from an *
domain that we do control. Putting KEYS in a distribution might cause
people to use them instead of getting them from a trusted source, and
that's bad.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message