incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: ODF Toolkit Incubation Pre-Proposal
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 23:30:33 GMT
On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 7:00 PM, Rob Weir <rob@robweir.com> wrote:
> Hi Dennis,
>
> If I understand correctly, the practice at Apache would be to remove
> these legacy copyright statements and aggregate them into a single
> NOTICE document.  This would be true, even if it says "DO NOT ALTER OR
> REMOVE".  I imagine they would even tear off those tags on mattresses.

Fully disagree:

"Do not modify or remove any copyright notices or licenses within
third-party works."

-- http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html

At times we have politely requested that the copyright holder remove
their headers; but if we can not get agreement on that we respect the
license terms under which the software has been offered.

> -Rob

- Sam Ruby

> On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orcmid@apache.org> wrote:
>> I support this idea.
>>
>> I think with regard to need for an SGA or not, there is the matter of the current
headings at the tops of source files.  (I have no idea what is required, I'm simply