incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <>
Subject Re: Questions for the cheap seats. - Priming the Pump
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 04:21:47 GMT
Sorry, but we don't typically release code from not-passed proposals
or failed podlings. This would be an extraordinary circumstance, which
is why I mentioned the Board input.

So... I would not recommend this as a "first step" since it would be
abnormal. Tarballs on the sly aren't good; the ASF wants a proper,
vetted release.

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 00:00, Dennis E. Hamilton
<> wrote:
> I think this should be the very first step regardless, even for first materials accessible
from the podling.
> The next would be to figure out how to stage it onto the Apache infrastructure, build
what can be built, see what the deltas are, etc.
> This sort of preservation and assessment seems indispensible in getting going and seeing
what the opportunities are.
code that was granted to us, apply the ALv2, and drop the tarball onto
> Third parties could pick up that code under the ALv2 license, but it would never be a
"released product from Apache". Other producers of OOo-related software could incorporate
that code, should they wish.