incubator-general mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <>
Subject Re: Summit Proposal
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 19:18:11 GMT
On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 8:13 PM, Greg Stein <> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 15:04, Joe Schaefer <> wrote:
> > It's just a meeting between colleagues.  If all it does is
> > break a little of the entrenched ice I'd call it a success.
> >
> > Sure beats email for dealing with emotions/trust.
> Right.
> And we can also be optimistic that the Incubator will vote the podling
> in. And optimistic that we'd have something to talk about. Really...
> nobody is talking about any kind of meetup before mid-July, so there
> is time.
> Worst case? Podling doesn't get started, and we just don't meet up.
> Not a big deal.
> But to get the ball rolling... yah. Let's try now.
In the event it doesn't get started (and I sincerely hope it does) it will
be even more important for the community-at-large to come
together to work out what happens next. So I figure we need these meetings
regardless, unless we all want the future devised in closed rooms by
corporate politicians...