incubator-general mailing list archives

From Simos Xenitellis <simos.li...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: OO/LO License (Was: Apache OpenOffice.org Incubator Proposal: Collaboration with TDF/LO)
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 11:09:38 GMT
On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Jochen Wiedmann
<jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com> wrote:
> Excuse me for interrupting ...
>

> On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 12:01 AM,  <robert_weir@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
>> LibreOffice uses a dual license LGPLv3/MPL.
>
> I've been reading MPL a few times in this discussion. But neither
>
>    http://www.libreoffice.org/download/license/
>
> nor
>
>   http://www.openoffice.org/license.html
>
> are mentioning the MPL. What's right?

I believe that during the talks between Robert and LibreOffice,
LibreOffice asked to have the freed OpenOffice relicensed to LGPLv3/MPL,
so that the wrongs are fixed and everyone is happy.
But Robert got confused and says above that LibreOffice is already
licensed under the LGPLv3/MPL.

Simos