incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <>
Subject Re: OpenOffice: were are we now?
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 00:39:14 GMT
On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 5:32 AM, Sam Ruby <> wrote:

> > I've been asking for reasons since my first e-mail to this list, but you
> > didn't reply so far. So, if you could elaborate on that, I'd really
> > appreciate that.
> I can tell you that those decisions are made above Rob's and my pay
> grades.  Way above.

Sam you out of all people know that the pay grade theory is useless here. I
too know that IBM decisions are made at a pay grade that probably doesn't
know what a mailing list is ... but the ASF is a different beast and you
can't negotiate with the ASF in a board room or on conference calls. Need to
make the case here.

I attempted to guess IBM strategy in this in my previous mail.

Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.
Founder, Director & Chief Scientist; Lanka Software Foundation;
Founder, Chairman & CEO; WSO2;
Founder & Director; Thinkcube Systems;
Member; Apache Software Foundation;
Visiting Lecturer; University of Moratuwa;