incubator-general mailing list archives

From Yegor Kozlov <>
Subject Re: Request: Can "proposed committers" introduce themselves?
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 09:18:44 GMT
On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 12:40 PM, Andre Schnabel <> wrote:
> Hi,
>> Von: Yegor Kozlov <>
>> I'm interested in bringing the ODF Toolkit to Apache and integrating
>> this API with Apache POI. With ODF, POI will become a universal API
>> for Office documents covering most of popular office formats.
> As I see this the second time in an introduction now - please be aware
> that the current project proposal is not about ODF toolkit.
> Although ODF toolkit once was a sub-project of OOo, it is now a
> seperate project ( and (afaik) does not
> share code with People from IBM might give more
> details, as they helped to create ODF-toolkit as independend project.

Apache POI is mentioned in the proposal, see Relationships With Other
Apache Products. Rob mentioned the ODF toolkit too, so I thought it is

> PS.: the good thing for Apache is, that ODF toolit is under Apache License
> already.

Not really, the source code goes under Oracle' Edition of ALv2 and all
Java files include this header:

 * Copyright 2010 Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.ed.
 * Use is subject to license terms.
 * Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not
 * use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy
 * of the License at You can also
 * obtain a copy of the License at
 * distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT
 * WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
 * limitations under the License.