incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OO/LO License (Was: Apache OpenOffice.org Incubator Proposal: Collaboration with TDF/LO)
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 11:42:56 GMT
On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:

> This, by the way, is the source of some of the irritation from TDF, who went to a fair
bit
> of trouble to accommodate IBM but have been represented otherwise on Rob's blog and elsewhere.

And rightfully so, if your understanding is right. (My opinion.)

But let me summarize what you wrote otherwise into a single sentence:

    There are pieces of LO, which are available under a dual license,
but in general one should
    assume that both OO and LO are available under the terms of LGPLv3 only.

Jochen

--
Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men
will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of

John Maynard Keynes (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Keynes)